Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Naps and Nipples:June 2nd & 3rd



June 2nd- Squeals with delight


Last night/this morning Dominic slept til 5:30 am. That is 6 solid hours!! I think we have finally figured out a routine!

Today was a great day. It felt as if Dominic woke up and decided… “I am gonna do something new today.” He did just that, for the first time Dominic squealed with delight. It was the funniest sound. He was chilling with his Daddy and out it came. I was laughing so hard I thought I would squeal as well. He did it several other times while I was in the kitchen making dinner. He seemed to be having such a good time. I think the new sounds wore him out. He was such a sleepy boy so we skipped bath time, had some rice, then his bottle and off to sleep he went. He went to bed at 10:30, he did wake up at midnight and luckily with a few soothing songs and a quick rocking he was back to sleep.


June 3rd-I’d like to buy a vowel


Dominic was such a good little sleeper again last night/ this morning. He did another round of sleeping for 6 hours. Unfortunately I am so use to not sleeping at night that I can’t seem to get my self to bed this the wee hours of the morning and so when he does wake up it feels as if it wasn’t very long at all. It isn’t for me but he is sleeping better, and soon enough I will get myself into a better sleeping routine as well.

Today was another new sounds day. He made several new vowel sounds. I think he was just as excited as I was because this morning he talked and talked, and talked. I know for a fact I hear Momma, and Dada several times. This may be wishful thinking, but then again with my little ahead of the game kid, he very well may have said them. He has said “Hungee” for the past 2 months when he is crying his hungry cry when Mommy just isn’t fast enough when warming up his bottles.

We also had a little tummy time today, and that didn’t go well. It never goes well. He loves to lay on his Mommy or Daddy on his tummy but to lay on a blanket and get in his tummy time that is just not going to happen according to him. He absolutely hates it. I have tried to get him to play with a toy that way, and helped him push up with his arms, and nothing makes him happy. He just gets so mad and ends up crying with anger. I am not sure what to do. I have read in so many places that he needs he tummy time for arm strengthening, to work on learning to crawl, and neck muscle strengthening. He has been able to hold his head up since he was a few days old and does a great job with it now. He can almost sit on a lap with out any crazy head bobbling… most days. I guess I will just work on it a little each day and see what happens. Who knows maybe he is planning on skipping the crawling and go right to walking. I wouldn’t put it past that little man. He loves to stand while being held and is so good at it now he barely needs held up at all… I guess we will just have to see how it all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment