Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Naps and Nipples: May 29th

May 29th- A Hot TX Day

I have good news to report: He slept last night!! We aren’t sure if was the cereal, the music or a combination but the slept from 11:30-4:30 this morning!! He woke up hungry, and after his meal he was out like a light again. He did wake up again at 6:30 and from that point until 8 he was up every ½ hour. At 8 he was ready for another meal and play time. See every morning Dominic and I have this little 8 am routine. Wake Mommy, smile at me as soon as he sees me, eat, get diaper change, and play for about an hour. He loves to play on the bed especially if Daddy is home. I think he likes to bug him and wake him up. It is so cute watching him tell us all about his dreams he had. He gets so excited and very vocal in the mornings it cracks me up. After all this at around 10 he usually ready for a little nap that I take advantage of most mornings.

I am glad he slept because I personally think the lack of sleep got to him as it had me a few days ago. He was so tired today. He slept most of the day away, in fact I bet total he wasn’t awake a total of 4 hours maybe 5. I could tell he wasn’t feeling well on top of the sleepiness and after taking his temperature found out he had a fever. Poor guy when he runs a fever he sweats so much its hard to hold him without getting drenched. I did give him some Tylenol today and after about an hour it seemed that it made him feel better because he was ready to play again. Since he was feeling better I put him in his portable swing Papa Spur and Grandma Veronica gave him for the first time. He was such a good boy playing with his little frog while I sat down and folded laundry and put it all away. Not long after that he was ready for another nap…


By the evening it was Daddy time once again and more meals. See he loves to spend time with his Daddy. He sits on Daddy’s lap and will talk to him for ever, and loudly I may add. I will be in the kitchen getting dinner ready and hear this big holler and I know it’s a good point in the story because once again he is getting really excited and vocal. He does so many cute little things it would take pages to write about them all but a couple of my favorites are an everyday occurrence. While nursing he will grab a hold of my thumb and do this squeeze and let go thing it is so darn cute. Also when holding him while he is going to sleep he grabs a hold of the neck of my shirt and holds on to it practically the entire time he is asleep. Those are just a few things that are simple and small but mean so much to me.

Or sleep routine didn’t go well tonight. At 10:00pm we had our bath which was so funny. As I said he now is getting baths in his baby tub and at the end I put the pump bottle I have his baby wash in. Tonight he decided to make a game out of kicking the bottle to knock it over. No matter where we put it he would stretch or move til he could knock it over or grab it with both feet. It was so funny but towards the end of the bath he was getting mad that we moved it, and made him sit up so I could actually get him bathed. That started the attitude. He didn’t want to eat his rice cereal at all, and took his bottle down so quick and off he sleep he was. Sounds ok right, well as I was writing about his day he woke up and has been a booger to get back to sleep. I think he back now, at least he isn’t fussing. Poor Bubba, I sure hope he gets to feeling better. I hate it when he doesn’t feel good, we never really know what is causing it and there is hardly anything we can do to help but cuddle with him and shower him with healing kisses. They say a Mommy’s spit and kisses can fix anything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment