Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Naps and Nipples: May 30th

May 30th- A Sleepy Day

The sleep situation hasn’t changed much. After his bath last night and the bottle he went right to sleep about 10:50. Unfortunately he woke again at 11:30 and stayed wide awake and very playful until 1:30 this morning. He did sleep until 4:30 and the daily routine started from there of waking every 2 hours. He did that all the way til 1pm. Dominic slept more than not today. We decided to try to do bath time earlier today so he wouldn’t be so hungry when he was done and maybe he would eat the rice cereal. That was not the case. He didn’t want the cereal again today, he cried as soon as I tried with the first bite. After finally calming him down, I broke down and decided that for tonight I would put the cereal in his bottle. I have read so many no-no’s about this, and the Dr. said to feed by spoon, but so many others do the bottle thing and it works. After scrounging around my bottle supply I found the soothie brand bottles had size 2 nipples so I put the cereal formula mix in that. He hated the soothie pacifier that the hospital gave him so I never tried these bottles, but he did great and didn’t make a mess at all. We battle the overflow, all down my shirt, mess every time we bottle feed but not this time. I found some size 1 nipples as well so I am going to try it tomorrow and see how he likes it.

Since our earlier bath didn’t go well, actually I think he makes he more tired so we were thinking about feeding the cereal around 9ish and do the bath about an ½ hour after that, and the bottle feed to follow the bath and on to bed. Do you think that would work better?? I didn’t mention that after his rice bottle he went right to sleep for about 20 minutes and he just went to bed about ½ hour ago with was midnight. One day maybe we will have a schedule down. I swear they really should send these guys home with a manual for us first time, don’t know anything parents. I feel like such a crappy parent sometimes when I don’t have a clue about these things. Many things are natural instinct but the sleeping, what to feed and how much thing ha; thank goodness for books, internet, and good friends.

Dominic and I tried a new activity today that we will definitely continue daily. While the Daddy was making dinner I got out a blanket and laid it on the floor in Dominic’s room. He and I, and of course Khaos too, sat down and read a few of his books. Dominic sat in my lap as we read about ducklings and puppies. He seemed to enjoy the stories and pictures because he kept smacking the books in that cute way babies show excitement. I have read to him in the mornings between sleep times since he was born, but I really enjoyed doing it this way. We have several other books to read and I am sure many more will end up in our collection.

After dinner the whole family sat down and watch Beverly Hills Chihuahua. (Which is a really cute movie) While taking his bottle Dominic kept turning his head to see the TV so I turned him around so he could watch to. He stayed in my lap til most of the movie was over just watching and looking around the living room. After the movie was over his Daddy had him in his favorite place lying against Daddy’s legs while he (Dad) is laying down. JW would say the word Chihuahua and Dominic would smile so big every time. It was the sweetest thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment