Thursday, July 15, 2010

Naps and Nipples: June 16th








June 16th- One Interesting Day


Today was an interesting day full of new things, and messes. To start the day off at a morning diaper changing Dominic peed all over his Mommy. When I say peed all over I don’t mean a little bit on my shirt or drizzle on my pants. I mean all over my shirt, and soaking my pants. I must have had a slow reaction time from being so tired, or he had a power pee because from when he started to by the time I put the diaper back over the “fountain” I was completely covered.

The rest of the day Dominic and his Mommy changed outfits about 3 times because he spit up all over us several times. At one point in the evening Dominic and I went outside to see the 6 geckos we have hanging around on our porch. Mommy was enjoying herself looking at the neat lizards until once again Dominic spit up all over her. After that, the spit up finally stopped!

While taking a nap Dominic decided he didn’t want the light on anymore. While asleep he took his blanket and covered up his face. Mommy moved the blanket off his face and he had the tag in his mouth, and of course I had to snap a picture. Again, he covered his face and took a long well deserved nap.

After he woke, Mommy, Daddy and Dominic sat down to play. Now that Dominic knows how to hold his rattle I enjoy giving it to him to play with. The look on his face and the spastic motions crack us up. We decided to take video of the fun and while videotaping Dominic’s play time, he hit himself in the head with the rattle. At first he didn’t react, Mommy did, but Dominic didn’t but then he realized what happened and got very upset which ended play time.



Later in the night Dominic discovered his feet. While he was sitting on the couch with Daddy, he realized that his hand could reach his feet and began holding on to one of them. Then the Daddy realized that Dominic was staring at him while holding his foot. When the Daddy would turn his head to look at Dominic, he would let go of his foot, but would not break the stare. After a few moments Dad would look away and Dominic would return to holding his foot, again without ever moving his gaze. Each time the dad would turn to look at Dominic he would release his foot, and then when Dad would look away, he would grab it again. This little game of theirs must have gone on for at least 10 minutes.

After all this, Mommy was hoping a nice warm bath would calm Dominic and we would be ready for bed. During this bath that little rascal peed on me again!! The bath did tire him, but he woke back up after an hour and didn’t go back to sleep until nearly 3 in the morning. What an end to a crazy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment