Thursday, July 15, 2010

Naps and Nipples: June 17th

June 17th- You little Stinker

Today Dominic is 4 months old and started his 2 a day cereal times. We were supposed to start them at the beginning of the week but he was never interested until his routine night feed. However, tonight I found that an hour after his “dinner” (about 6pm) he was ready for some cereal. He ate every bit, and seemed to want some more.

This is “The Daddy,” tonight I decided that I had to put in a little story about something that Dominic did tonight that made me laugh to the point of teary eyes. As with most nights Dominic and I were laying on the couch talking and watching t.v. when the Mommy decided to come over and sit on the floor next to us so she could get in on the conversation. After a few minutes of the three of us talking Shelli had to go do something else. As she got up off of the floor she had her back to Dominic and he got a good view of his mom’s rear end, he then scrunched up his little eye-brows and had a look on his face that I just can not describe in words. Somewhere in between fits of laughter I explained to Shelli what had happened, and when she asked Dominic if he was making fun of her, his only response was an ear to ear, wide mouthed smile! I love that kid.

At bedtime, Dominic went to sleep as normal but woke up about an hour and a half later and is determined not to go to sleep or let Mommy write this journal. My little stinker cries until I look at him or talk to him then he smiles the “charm smile” and as soon as I look away it starts all over again. At one point he did take his blanket and like yesterday put it over his head, munching all over it to the point it is soaked. Dominic is a fun and crazy kid, and I can only imagine this stubbornness will be a lot of fun because Mommy is stubborn too.

No comments:

Post a Comment