Friday, July 30, 2010

Naps and Nipples: July 7th, 8th, & 9th

July 7th- My Own Room

While laying on Daddy, Dominic was getting fussy. Daddy started singing Coolio’s Gangsters Paradise to Dominic and he just looked up at him and stared quietly the entire time. Now when Dominic is fussy I am bringing him to Daddy to get sang to!

Tonight Mommy and Daddy finally got Dominic’s room all together. His crib is now in there as well as the rocking chair. I think he will start to sleep in the crib better if we are around. He only sleeps there now if I am in the room with him, so here’s crossing our fingers.

Mommy had a really hard time at first not having Dominic in the room with me. I was so worried I wouldn’t wake up when he did. It took me an extra 20 before going to bed because I would sit in the rocker, stand by the crib, walk out of the room and walk back in again. The Daddy offered to sleep in Dominic’s room if it would make me feel better. As sweet as that was to offer I couldn’t let him do it and finally decided to go to our own room.

July8th- A Good Night’s Sleep

Wow last night went fantastic. I slept so well, and I woke up nearly as soon as Dominic did. The best part is he slept for 5 hours straight!! Unfortunately I am still on old Dominic time and didn’t go to bed til way to late but I did get a good 4 hours in. He also took a nap only about an hour after he had his breakfast and so did Mommy. Our nap was another 3 hours of sleep! The worst part is I was more tired than on hardly any sleep, go figure right.

I love having Dominic’s crib in his room, because his room is basically the central part of the house. I was able to put him in his crib for naps, which meant I could do some scrapbooking, dishes or check in on my facebook. Before he would only sleep on the couch that meant Mommy was sitting right next to him or only a few inches or maybe feet away. I think Dominic likes to take naps in his crib because he was asleep more than awake today.

July9th- Night Owl

Its 2am and Dominic is wide awake. Here lately he has been going to sleep around 11:00-11:30ish like normal and then waking up at 1am and up until about 3am. This is the 3rd day he has done this. The first two I thought maybe with the weather and the changes it messed up his schedule. Apparently this is his new schedule.

Well after the late night/early morning bedtime, Dominic slept 6 hours, with no wakes ups!! I couldn’t believe it. At about 9 he woke up and ready for a bottle. He was awake for about an hour and went back to sleep for another 3 hours. I was able to get so much done and take a nap myself!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shelli,
    I just wanted to let you know I stopped by your blog today and stayed a while. I had so much fun reading about Dominic. Actually had to try hard not to giggle, I love me a good baby story. Signed up to follow you so I'll be back! (lol, I think I better see you on my blog next month participating in some of the baby themed stuff.)

    Melanie
    Scrappily Ever After Blog

    PS - LOVE the froggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dominic will sleep better in his own room. You don't realize it but he was listening to you breath or snore and could be waking him up too! Now he will get used to more silence and sleep better!

    ReplyDelete