Thursday, July 22, 2010

Naps and Nipples: June 21st, 22nd, 23rd

June 21st, 22nd, 23rd- Foot Loose

These last few days have been pretty basic “your everyday happenings.” Dominic has been sleeping a lot lately which is good, it means he is growing but on a down side, generally when he is that tired he wants to be as close to Mommy as possible. Don’t get me wrong, Mommy loves every moment with her baby boy, but sometimes you just gotta go to the bathroom, or need to do a few house chores. As of late Dominic has wanted to be held, rocked, or cuddled. I love all of these, so after a few moments of thinking, “I really need to do last night’s dishes” I lay down next to Dominic, look at his angelic face and think “this is exactly what I should be doing!”

Dominic has made a new discovery… His Feet! A few days ago he realized he can touch his knees. The next day he found he can touch his toes as well, and ever since his little legs are always up in the air and his hands are exploring anything he can reach. As of right now while I am typing he is laying in the bassinet next to me holding on to his toes with his right hand. It is so darn cute; he gets the funniest little look on his face and usually starts chattering. If not on his legs, ankles, or toes, Dominic’s hands are in his mouth, or he has captured Mommy or Daddy’s. Dominic will be sitting in his Mommy’s lap, grab my hand and POP my fingers are plunged into his mouth getting sopping wet. Unfortunately for Dominic my fingers are a tad bit longer than his and he gags himself several times a day. We enjoy watching as Dominic grows each day, and love to watch as he makes new discoveries.

No comments:

Post a Comment