Monday, August 23, 2010

Naps and Nipples: July 22nd




July 22nd- I’m gonna get you

Today Mommy and Dominic had a blast together. We put a big sheet on the floor again and sat down to play with Dominic’s toys. Mommy put all Dominic’s toys in a plastic bin that we turn on it side so Dominic can pick which toys he wants. Today he was all about his spiral rattle. While in a sitting position he would bend basically in half and reach out to get his rattle and once he got a hold of it he would shake it like crazy. He hits himself in the head all the time and anymore it doesn’t phase him at all.

While playing on the sheet Mommy had Dominic sitting between her legs. I was talking to my Mother on the phone and felt him swaying, it was then I realized he was holding himself in the sitting position all by himself. None of his body was touching me; he was sitting up all by himself!! I was so excited!! Mommy and Daddy will have to get him a Bumbo seat I bet he will love it!

As we have in the past Mommy put Dominic’s animal booties on. (Which are getting too small.) He loves to play with the booties; tonight he was very picky about those booties. Like yesterday he would put the bootie in his mouth. I noticed he only put the right foot in that had the elephant on it. Out of curiosity I switched the booties to opposite feet and he just stared at them and tried to get the monkey but lost interest very quickly. Mommy then switched them back and as soon as he noticed the elephant was back on his right foot POP right into the mouth it went. I imagine he likes the elephant because it is easy to get a hold of by why just the right foot, I guess we will never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment